How To Play Live Roulette: A Classic Casino Game
Live roulette is a modern twist to the classic casino game roulette, bringing all the excitement and drama of a conventional casino roulette table to your screens. It offers individuals to play this game in different stakes and styles in the comfort of their homes.
The game may seem like it is challenging, but in reality, it is one of the easiest casino games to play. It boasts a straightforward setup, betting, and odds system that is easy to understand.
The Layout of Live Roulette Gameplay
If you are familiar with a physical roulette table, then the live roulette’s layout should not be too hard to understand. On the screen, you will see the conventional roulette table with two betting sections:
- Long Betting Table – This layout is for inside bets.
- Wide or Perpendicular Betting Table – This live roulette layout is for outside bets.
Then at the top of the table, you will see the classic wheel and croupier, who spins the wheel, drops the ball, and calls the winning wager.
The Basic Rules and Betting Limits
In a typical live roulette table, the wheel will contain 37 individual pockets, from 0 to 36. You can make different combinations of wagers on individual numbers or groups of numbers. You can also choose from varying low or high numbers, even or odd numbers, and the colors red or black.
All your bets will be placed on the inside section of the roulette table. On the outside part of the roulette table, you can place your bets on different matching pairs of wagers, and each should cover 18 numbers.
Different Types of Wagers in Live Roulette
- Straight – You place your wager directly on a single number.
- Split – You place your bet on the line between two connected numbers.
- Street – You put your wager on the area of one of the horizontal rows.
- Trio – You set your bet on the three-numbered corner line, including 0.
- Corner – You place your wager on the edge of where four numbers meet.
- Red or Black – You place your bet on a red or black box.
- Odd or Even – You set your wager on either an odd or even value.
- High or Low – You put your bet on the numbers 1 to 18 or 19 to 36.
How to Start Playing Live Roulette
- Find a reliable casino and choose a live roulette table that suits your preferred style, stakes, and language.
- When prompted, you can now place your wagers.
- The croupier will acknowledge your bet and place chips on the live roulette table.
- After placing your bets, the table will show up to ten of the highest possible payouts that you can win, based on the numbers you have picked.
- The dealer will now spin the wheel and announce the winning number.
If your wager wins, you will receive a payout equal to the odds for that bet. However, if your number is not called, your chips will be taken, decreasing your bankroll.