A Guide To Playing American Roulette
American roulette is one of the most popular variants of the classic casino game roulette, alongside its European variation. It follows the same rules as its European counterpart, with only a handful of rule differences. Here, we have provided a guide about that game.
Things to Remember
- There is no limit as to how many players can take part in the game.
- Gamblers can play with the choice of using colored or value chips.
- The dealer is in charge of the whole operation of the American Roulette gameplay, from announcing the game’s start to the winning number and distributing the payout to the winner.
- A croupier can also help you place your wagers.
How to Play American Roulette
While the European roulette wheel has 37 divisions, the American roulette wheel features 38, including the number from 1 to 36, and an additional 0 and 00. The numbers 1 to 36 are colored red and black, while the 0 and 00 are colored green. The following steps are how to play a typical American roulette game.
- The croupier will ask you if you want to place your chips on a single bet or wager on different combinations.
- The dealer will spin the American Roulette wheel.
- You can choose to put, moderate, or remove a wager before the croupier spins the wheel if you are having second thoughts.
- When the dealer cuts off the betting and starts to spin the roulette wheel, they will call out for all wagers to cease.
- The ball will then settle in a number pocket on the roulette wheel, and the croupier will now call out the number.
- The value will be marked on the table, and the winners get paid.
- The dealer will then ask bets for the next game.
The main objective is to predict which numbered division the roulette ball is going to stop at. All players must make a bet on a certain number. After then, the croupier will turn the roulette wheel. Once the ball finds its way into the pocket with a specific value, the player who chose that number wins.
Different Types of Bets
The betting layout of the American roulette table has two parts that consist of individual values and group wagers. You can place inside bets on a single number, small groups of numbers, or adjacent numbers. While on the outside bets, you can place wagers on larger groups of numbers.
Below is an overview of the different American roulette inside and outside bets.
- Straight Up Bet – You can place this bet on any single number, including the single zero and double zero,
- Split Bet– This wager is when you place a bet between two adjacent values, including the single zero and double zero.
- Corner Bet – You can put a wager on the edge of a group of where four numbers touch.
- Five Bet – It features 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3, the bet will be placed at the corner of 0 and 1.
- Color Bet – You can put your wager on the red or black number pockets.
- Odd or Even Bet – You can place your bet on either an odd or even number.
- Low or High Bet – This wager features all low numbers from 1 to 18 and all high numbers from 19 to 36.
How to Win at American Roulette
The two additional number pockets that the American roulette wheel features decrease your chances of winning. However, this should not discourage you as every roulette game is an independent event, meaning you can test your luck and have fun in the process.